The download ZIP folder contains the following STL files, for 3D printing the basic ribbon microphone components, ribbon corrugator and transformer bobbin winder:
- Microphone body
- Body cap
- Transducer (a.k.a ribbon motor) variations:
– recommended: 38.3mm X 12mm gap (for BX842 magnets)
– thick: 38.3mm X 18.4mm gap (for BX844 magnets)
– long: 50.9mm X 12mm gap (for BY042 magnets)
- Transducer clamp
– 12mm gap
– 18.4mm gap
- Clamp bolt
- Bolt nut
- Pop filter solid block – for desired infill and pattern slicing (recommended: 40% infill / grid pattern).
- Bobbin/winder – for diy transformer, using these amorphous core toroids.
- Corrugator base
- Corrugator gear
Recommended Print Settings:
- Supports: No.
- Ribbon motor | corrugtor gears | nuts | bolts – 0.12 mm layer height.
- Mic body | cap | corrugator base | transformer bobbin – 0.16mm layer height.
- Mic body – print upside down, on a raft, with the Z-seam on a side (left or right).
- Pop filters – use the solid block slicing technique described in the video, increase the thickness (Z-axis scale) in the slicer to print 3 layers at 0.16mm layer height.